Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vegetable Gardening For Beginners I Am New To Vegetable Gardening And Have Question About Peas?

I am new to vegetable gardening and have question about peas? - vegetable gardening for beginners

I look forward to all kinds of peas, English, maintain snow, first in Alaska, so I started a couple of other plants in Jiffy peat pots, but wonder how small peas. Packet says plant 6-8 weeks before last spring frost, which is now closer, as I live in North Carolina. It would be if you use Jiffy pots and placed outside the container? Any help would be very grateful.

4 comments:

philbert... said...

I stopped in at best, SO we have until it is too large, about a foot high. If you prefer now, slowly. You can take the cold, but not further develop rapidly. You can too much direct sunlight as it is kept watered and not as warm, dry. You must be something they can climb over a single channel to have. (The display of the reinforcement of concrete, I do not remember the name right now) things about 6 "square openings, great works. Jiffy Pots could be better, because I think that the bottom is held together better if replanting is. The ideal is now sow, you wait one or two months, and plant more.

John M said...

My mother cooked potatoes and peas in a pot ....

reynwate... said...

Peas are hardy. Plunk in the dirt outside. Produces an abundance of beans, they fetch when the pea is less than 1 / 4 inch in diameter. English, early in Alaska, and peas, unless you eat the young pods, and requires the cultivation of peas whole package - it takes many of them by the bombing. It will take one or two hours Shell enough to eat. suggest planting climbing a fence. Good luck in SC.

I grew peas in the sun. Delicious. Surface of seed per day (unless of course it's raining.) Once the seedlings are up Deep watering twice a week is enough. Save your Jiffy pots for tomatoes, flowers or vegies grow in large quantities.

wild_t_1... said...

I am not what Shure Jiffy pots, but do not put them drectly in the sun! My beans have been killed this year because we have too much sun.

Post a Comment